Friday, October 30, 2015

Rebecca & Josh's September Wedding

It's always a pleasure when I can photograph a wedding of the daughter or son of a dear friend. That was the case with Rebecca Levy and Josh Grossman last September. They came up from Florida to get married at the Doubletree in Tarrytown, New York, near where Rebecca's mom & dad Judith & Bruce live. I've known Judith and Bruce for over a year and had been hearing about Rebecca all along, so it was wonderful finally to meet her when she came up a few months before the wedding. She's a very solid, sensible young woman, and Josh is a warm highly competent young man. It was really a pleasure to work with them.
Of course, I usually end up feeling like a member of the family for all the couples I work with, but in this case, I had felt that long before the wedding. I even knew some of the other family members.
The dark blue dresses of Rebecca's bridesmaids were striking, as was their collective humor. I didn't have to coach them much to get into fun configurations.
Here are the best images from the day:




 I love that navy blue of the bridesmaids' dresses.
 Dad Bruce, Rebecca, and mom Judith.



 Mom Judith, Rebecca, and her grandmother, who celebrated her 100th birthday this year.













 Rebecca dances with her brother, Matthew.
 I get in on the act.
 From my 5-foot ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment